Monday, October 14, 2013

Valiant Goddess Process

Hey guys! :D
I made a GIF of what my process is, and yes, its messy.  
I had some, or a few(?) people asking for the psd to this file, but I really don't think it'd of much help anyone who looked at it. Because, I really only paint on one to three layers, tops.
So I'll just do my best to explain a little of what goes into things of this nature. 
I start off with a low res sketch, then once i'm happy with the composition I up the size of the file, to around 300 dpi.
next I paint in all up in grayscale, and then add a soft light layer on top to add a light wash of the colors I plan on using, but that can always change, so thats why I put it on its own layer.
Once I'm happy with the overall colors I flatten that all down to start painting in details....
 open a new layer paint details, flatten, etc, etc... then do another detail pass 'til I feel I am happy with it. then i call it done and merge any remaining layers (if any?)  
really I treat it like if I was painting in a acrylics or oils. 
so not many fancy photoshop tricks other than overlay and soft light layer settings, for this painting anyways haha ^^      
but yeah, hope you guys are well.
until next time you guys, happy painting! :)



1 comment: